Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Hanging in the Balance

What a pivotal time in US history, as well as world history that is occurring right now, at this very moment! Either way, despite WHO becomes our next president, history will be made. On the Republican ticket, Palin becomes the first woman to ever enter the Whitehouse in such an administrative role, where as Obama's victory would leave a benchmark for obvious reasons.

Personally, I do not care who becomes President...Ok. I lied. I do. All I know is that I want to see change. The past 8 years have not been so great, and regardless, I think the entirety of the U.S. can agree that something needs to happen. I wasn't a political science major. I can't exactly discuss politics in depth with someone. I can explain what I believe, what a candidate says they will do, how they will benefit me, and how they match my ideals.

All I know is this: this is really the first election that has really mattered to me. While this is my second election which I have been able to vote, I have actually surprised myself by paying attention to this issues. Really, this is for my family. While I do not agree who THEY are voting for, I am hoping that my candidate pulls through, for their as well as my benefit.

Change is coming. Are we ready?

No comments:

Post a Comment